Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Hunger Games quotes

Hunger games
by: Stephanie Collins


- I learned to hold my tongue and to turn my features into an different mask so that no one could ever read my mind or thoughts. 

That's how I feel now, trying to remember how to breathe, unable to speak, totally stunned as the name bounce around the inside of my skull.

-Prim forgave her, but I had taken a step back from my mother, put up myself to protect myself from needing her and nothing was ever the same between us again.

-If I'm going to cry, now is the time to do it. By morning, I'll be able to wash the damage done by the tears from my face. But no tears come. I'm too tired or too numb to cry. The only thing I feel is a desire to be somewhere else. So I let the train rock me into oblivion. 

-And then he gives me a smile that seems so genuinely sweet with just the right touch if shyness that unexpected warmth rushes through me. 

-I call him my friend but in the last year, it's seemed too casual a words for what Gale is to me. A pang of longing shoots through my chest. If only he was with me now.

-For there to be betrayal, there would have had to been trust first

-Star crossed lovers desperate to get home together. two hearts beating as one. Romance.

Katniss's song for Rue













1 comment:

  1. I think there should be another dreamy person to make lust about him/her. ;)
    -Myles Elmes

    ReplyDelete