Monday, March 25, 2013

Thirteen Reasons Why


Thirteen Reasons Why
by Jay Asher




*Yes, my dear listeners, Courtney is nice to whomever she comes in contact with or whomever she's talking to. And yet, ask yourselves--is it all a show?

*You have so little control over anything anymore. And at some point, the struggle becomes too much--too tiring--and you consider letting go. Allowing tragedy...or whatever...to happen.

*I guess that's the point of it all. No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.

*I pretended not to notice him. Not because I had anything against him, but because my heart and my trust were in the process of collapsing. And that collapse created a vacuum in my chest. Like every nerve in my body was withering in, pulling away from my fingers and toes. Pulling back and disappearing.

*Sometimes we have thoughts that even we don't understand. Thoughts that aren't even true--that aren't really how we feel--but they're running through our heads anyway because they're interesting to think about.

*If my love were an ocean, there would be no more land.
If my love were a desert, you would see only sand.
If my love were a star--late at night, only light.
And if my love could grow wings, I'd be soaring in flight.

*They went on to call Earth a knocked-up gaseous alien needing an abortion.

This is the list:
1.  Justin (her first kiss)
2 and 3. Jessica and Alex (2 former friends)
4. Tyler (peeping Tom)
5. a liar
6. 

1 comment:

  1. I dream about Jessica and Alex making love every night I see this blog. :(
    -Myles Elmes

    ReplyDelete