Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Shadow

The Shadow

A shadow came from afar but I can see the heart that is inside. The very clement hug and the very passionate kiss were the only two things I can remember. My tears wanted to burst in my eyes that were seeing every second of every minute of the last moment I could be with the shadow I wanted to keep with me, always. I desired every moment I could be with the shadow. 

It was fading. But I didn’t turn my head on to see the shadow slowly die away. I just commit one last glance and wave the most heartbreaking goodbye I ever did. I wanted to turn my back, run and make the shadow stop from leaving but I didn’t. I didn’t because I believe when the shadow promised and said to keep its word that it’ll stay as long as I need it. And it’s all because of the rustling wind that had blown the light of the candle that burnt me and the shadow into two. And yet, I still love the shadow that had left me.


I would swear I would wait for the shadow to come back if the fire of the candle will be lightening again. And I’d also swear that no rustling wind will ever blow the light that would make the shadow walk away again.

Created: April 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment