Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When God Writes Your Love Story


When God Writes Your Love Story
By Eric and Leslie Ludy

p. 10 - introduction
It was over. Once again, I was in for sleepless night of agony, hours of weeping until no more tears would come. Once again, I would have to face the aching, desperate loneliness of walking into a crowded room full of strangers – with no one to hold no strong arm to gently rest on my back and give me security. Once again, I was alone.

p.11 – introduction

God saying, “You have searched true love in your own way. But M ways are not your ways. I want to script a beautiful tale just for you, but first, you must trust Me with the pen of this precious area of your life. Will you let Me write your love story?

p.12 – introduction

I don’t know if I could ever fully convey the awesome wonder of what it was like to have a God-written love story. During my entire romance with Eric, I was so aware of the fact the it was God who was leading each step, guiding each conversation, painting each sunset, and standing over us with a smile. The cheap, imitation romance I’d known before simply could not be compared to this new love I had discovered. I was daily amazed that I had come from a place of heartbreak, confusion, and compromise in relationships, to a dream come true. I had discovered a kind of divine love that can’t even be found in the fairy tales, simply by giving God the pen of my life’s story and allowing Him to write each chapter. He was interested in this part of my life. He did have a plan! And He has one for you, too!

p.27 – in search of a sweeter song (chapter 2)

I know what it is like to be lonely. Really lonely! In fact, I understand the toxic mix of loneliness and sexual longing that creates the sensation of your heart being toasted like a s’more-destined marshmallow over a roaring campfire.
I know what it is like to want someone to hold, someone to gently lean upon me, someone to care about my needs in, you know, a romantic sort of way! I know what it is like to desire someone with whom I could share my wild life, my passionate love, and my intimate embrace. I know what it is like to long for “the beautiful side of love.”

p.34 – in search of a sweeter song (chapter 2)

And once we awaken to this truth, then we will discover that as the Inventor of Romance, He also wants to teach us how to discover it in all its fullness.

p.55 – rubbing shoulders with the Author of Romance (chapter 4)

Christian Rule of Dating
Rule #1: Don’t have sex until marriage
Rule #2: Make sure you date only people who share your beliefs and values

p.61 – rubbing shoulders with the Author of Romance (chapter 4)

Don’t try to build Me into your life, instead, build your life around Me.

p. 75 – get a love life (chapter 5)

“Eric, i love you! You are my hero! My prince charming and my noble knight in shining armor! And I have chosen to love you just like my precious Jesus loves me.
p. 76 – get a love life (chapter 5)

“It’s not love I need to feel – it’s a love that I have chosen.”

p.77 – get a love life (chapter 5)

Love is the cologne of Christ. You can’t get close to Him without catching its overwhelming fragrance. Love is the scent of Christ’s true followers, too. And it’s the fragrance of love that we, as Christ’s followers, are personally responsible to drench ourselves in. Take off the cologne cap and just dump it. The heavier the aroma, the more of Jesus this world will understand and know.

p. 103 – heart matters (chapter 8)

It’s very common for a guy to get involved physically without getting involved emotionally at all.

p. 109 – heart matters (chapter 8)

Men who go after easy women for another “score” are just looking to feed their flesh. They are not looking for true love and they certainly aren’t worthy of girls time and affection.
(Paraphrased by me)

p.110 – heart matters (chapter 8)

A real man will not attempt to rip her precious pearl from its protective shell or persuade her with charm to give away her treasure permanently but he will wait patiently until she willingly gives him the prize of her heart.

p. 114 art of faithfulness (chapter 9)

Rules to true chivalrous and romantic goodness
Rule #1: Always and instantaneously notice when a woman gets her hair done.
Rule #2: Be a keen observer of how her earrings draw out the sparkle in her eyes.

P.122 art of faithfulness (chapter 9)

No matter how many times we have sex, no matter how many times we hear the words “I love you”, it will forever be empty of we don’t blend it with God who invented true love and is Himself the Author of Romance. When you take God out of the center of your world, everything sweet, tender, pure and lovely is sure quickly follow.

p. 130 - can the sweeter song be a solo? (chapter 10)

Singleness is a lonely path. But does it have to be a form of hell on earth?

p.133 - can the sweeter song be a solo? (chapter 10)

1. Singleness can strengthen our inward character qualities.

p. 134 – can the sweeter song be a solo? (Chapter 10)

A relationship is not meant to make us into a whole person – only Jesus Christ can make us a whole person. We must learn to be “enough” right now, just as we are in Christ alone.



p. 134 - can the sweeter song be a solo? (chapter 10)

God was using the loneliness to teach me complete dependence upon Him.

p.135 - can the sweeter song be a solo? (chapter 10)

“I love a lonely day…it chases me to you” – Amy Grant

p.136 - can the sweeter song be a solo? (chapter 10)

Singleness is an opportunity to allow Christ’s gentle arms to encircle our heart’s and discovers how very much He loves us.

p.136 - can the sweeter song be a solo? (chapter 10)

2. Singleness allows time to focus on practical preparation

p.146 – Holding out for a higher standard (chapter 11)

I went for dreaming of a noble prince charming to settling for anyone who didn’t even seem to think of me as a mere sex object,

p.147 - Holding out for a higher standard (chapter 11)

Girl’s standards: it was God who put them in your heart…because He wants you to look for a man with the character of Jesus Christ.
(Paraphrased by me)

p.151 - Holding out for a higher standard (chapter 11)

Girls, if you will learn to wait patiently and confidently for God to bring a Christlike man into your life, you will not be disappointed.
And guys learn to treat women like the perfect gentleman, Jesus Christ. If you do, you will not only be promoted out of “jerk-hood”, but you will then be worthy of a beautiful princess of purity who is saving herself just for you.

p.152 - Holding out for a higher standard (chapter 11)

Our goal as followers of Christ should be a pattern of our own inward character after His example in how we relate to the opposite sex, and to wait for someone who is governed by His very nature and character in how they relate to us.

p.163 – Home sweet home (chapter 12)

It is family who defines our reality. Even if they are lying, we can’t help but believe family – because if anyone should know…it’s them.

p. 178 – training to be tender (chapter 13)

Girl’s, it might not make any sense to you, but when you act impressed over something a man works hard at, even something as small as one of my muscles, it makes him feel like a champion.




p.179 - training to be tender (chapter 13)

She wants me to shut up! Strangely, she doesn’t even want her problem to be solved. She just wants me to be there, to validate her feelings, and to rap my arm around and shoulder and squeeze. (Eric narrating)

Guys –being a shoulder to cry on, speaking words that remind a woman of your affection, doing the dishes after dinner, and making sure she has a full tank of gas before she hits the road to go shopping –these are all simple things that you can do tenderly care for a woman. Because in her world, those little things are huge.

2 comments: